The 2022 Scholarship for Students Pursuing a Paralegal Degree is Open!
At McCleery Law Firm, our attorneys understand the financial burden of pursuing a paralegal certificate. Our team also understands how important paralegals are to any law firm. This is why we have decided to continue the Paralegal Scholarship Contest for a second year. While this may not be a full ride scholarship, small grants and scholarships for paralegal studies can really count when calculating the cost of your education.
Our goal with this scholarship is to help alleviate some of the financial burdens of obtaining your degree while also supporting future paralegals. We also love to give back to our local communities. Learn more about the vision we have at McCleery Law and our founder and owner, Greg McCleery.
To apply for the scholarship, we are asking students to write a 500-word essay about “why you decided to achieve a paralegal degree and what you hope to accomplish once you graduate or receive your certificate.”
We will be judging essays on cohesiveness and originality. The chosen winner will receive $1,000 to put towards their tuition on behalf of the team at McCleery Law Firm.
When calculating the cost of law school, don’t underestimate the power of a helping hand. For more scholarship opportunities please explore the US Department of Labor’s free scholarship search tool.
- Students must write a 500-word essay about why they decided to achieve a paralegal degree and what they hope to accomplish once they graduate. The winner with the most compelling essay will receive $1,000 to put towards their paralegal degree.
Scholarship Award Amount
- One (1) winner will receive $1,000 to put towards their tuition.
- Applicants must be EITHER be out-going high school seniors (graduating summer 2022) OR students currently enrolled in paralegal studies at a college, trade school, university, or law school OR be enrolled in a paralegal certificate course as of the start of the fall 2022 semester
- Submit your essay by December 1, 2022
- A winner will be selected on December 15, 2023