2022 COMMUNITY GIVE BACK AND WHAT IT MEANS TO ATTORNEYS
McCleery Law Firm is proud to present the law school scholarship contest for 2022. As legal professionals, we are charged with protecting our clients’ most important interests: their family, their freedom, and their livelihoods.
At McCleery Law Firm, we believe that the integrity of the American system of justice depends on meaningful access to “liberty and justice for all” – not simply for those with greater financial resources.
As part of that mission, we believe it is our ethical and professional responsibility to identify individuals who are in need of skilled assistance in protecting these integral rights, and to support and encourage future generations of legal professionals in this important responsibility. While this may not be a full ride scholarship, we believe small law school grants and scholarships like these are valuable. They afford an opportunity for financial assistance and a start to a resume filled with accolades.
For this year’s scholarship contest, we are asking law students to submit an essay describing a meaningful volunteer experience and what you learned from it. Additionally, how will you apply to your future legal career?
When calculating the cost of law school, don’t underestimate the power of a helping hand. For more scholarship opportunities please explore the US Department of Labor’s free scholarship search tool.
We look forward to hearing from the next generation of attorneys, and we will announce the winner of the scholarship by January 15, 2023.
**Please submit your scholarship essay by December 31, 2022. If you do not submit your essay by this date, you will not be eligible for the scholarship. No late submissions will be accepted.
Meet our 2021 Winner! Amrit Nagi
The McCleery Giveback Campaign scholarship has definitely lightened my load and for that I am extremely grateful. Thank you so much!Amrit Nagi, 2021 winner
Amrit Nagi is a member of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee at Houston Law Center and the Houston Journal of International Law. She is excited to add another diverse voice to the study of law.
LAW STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS
- Students are expected to write a 300-400 word essay about what influenced their legal career and how they are planning to help their law and general community. The winner with the most compelling essay will receive a $1,500 law school scholarship.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD AMOUNT
- One (1) winner will receive $1,500 to put towards their law school tuition
- A maximum word count of 300 words, but no more than 450 words
- Must be currently enrolled or accepted in an accredited law school
- In order to apply for this scholarship, you must be enrolled at an accredited law school
- If you have applied to a law school and have not been accepted yet, you may apply for the scholarship, however, the scholarship will be awarded to a student already enrolled at an accredited law school
- Submit Your Essay by December 31, 2022
- One winner will be selected by email on January 15, 2023